Eight Ball House
- Unique location and history as the cottage is located on a former USA Air force combat wing
- Part of a complex of three other properties in the owners countryside grounds
- Nestled in Norfolk country but with easy access to the coast
- Miles of footpaths to explore right from the doorstep
- A great family property with four bedrooms and enclosed garden
- The character is emphasised with beautiful antique furniture featuring throughout
One of four properties, it offers four bedrooms and is generously decorated with antique furniture which provides a beautiful, unique retreat with fascinating history dating back to World War II.
History tells us the officers have painted a set of murals on the walls which the current owners have lovingly preserved to provide a unique insight into life in World War 2. Tucked away just outside of Cranworth, near Dereham, the buildings were used as officers’ quarters during the Second World War and would see senior servicemen plan their operations and watch the aircraft taking off and coming into land at Shipdham Airfield. The location is nestled in the Norfolk countryside and there are plenty footpaths explore from the very doorstep. The Norfolk Broads are also within reach for a day trip. For those seeking more coastal pursuits, head to Hunstanton with its beach that goes on for miles and all the fun of the fair.
Stepping into the property you come to the hallway which leads to the stylish kitchen/diner with electric oven and gas hob, fridge, dishwasher, wine cooler and breakfast bar. There is a large dining area with French cherrywood table extending to seat up to 14 people. This room has original wall art from World War II showing the amazing flying eight ball emblem. Bi-fold doors lead to a patio area with views over open fields. Utility room with fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. Lounge with wood burner effect gas fire, charming chesterfield sofas and TV, complimented with surrounding antique pieces. Master bedroom with king-size French Bergere painted bed with matching bedside tables and a beautiful French wardrobe, en-suite shower and WC. There is a further double bedroom, twin bedroom and a final single bedroom with additional single pull-out bed. Bathroom with hand-held shower over bath and WC. Additional shower room with shower and WC.
Outside there is an enclosed patio with garden furniture and BBQ overlooking the surrounding countryside. There is ample off-road parking.
- 4 bedrooms – 1 king-size with en-suite, 1 double, 1 twin and 1 single with additional single pull-out
- 1 Bathroom and 1 Shower room
- Kitchen with electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and wine cooler
- Utility room with fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Ample off-road parking
- Wi-Fi available
- Regret no smoking
- Regret no pets
- Pub and shop 3 miles
- Complex of properties
- Bike storage
- Sleeps 7+1
WP Simple Booking Calendar: Invalid calendar ID.
The weekly rates below start on our preferred change over day, Friday.
For shorter or longer stays, midweek and nightly rates please contact us or complete and submit the booking enquiry form below.
|Date from||Date to||Weekly rate|